Barack Obama’s Poll Numbers Slide – QuicklyPosted by chris on Jun 19, 2012
On Monday, Rasmussen Reports released their latest series of polling leading up to the November elections, and one thing is clear – Barack Obama and his Democratic colleagues are sinking, and sinking quickly. Among the poll results:
- Mitt Romney currently leads Barack Obama nationally by 4 points, marking the eleventh consecutive day that Romney has polled ahead of Obama.
- Says Rasmussen: Four years ago, after wrapping up the Democratic nomination, Obama led John McCain every single day during the month of June. His average lead was five percentage points. He eventually won by seven. In the first 16 days of June, Romney has held the lead in the Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll 13 times, the candidates have been tied twice, and Obama has been on top once.
- President Obama’s Approval Index currently sits at -15, with 53% of Americans disapproving of his job performance.
- 60% of likely voters believe that it is at least somewhat likely that the next President will be a Republican, while just 25% say that the scenario is unlikely.
- On the Generic Congressional Ballot, Republicans lead Democrats 45% – 38%, an extremely significant margin leading up to a pivotal election.
- By an 8 point margin, the majority of Americans trust Mitt Romney over Barack Obama when it comes to the American economy and taxes.
- 52% of Americans want the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn ObamaCare, a decision that will ultimately be handed down within the next two weeks.
- Another 52% of voters believe that the economy will be unchanged or weaker a year from now, signaling trouble for the incumbent president leading up to an economically-driven election in November.
Taken together, these poll results signify a continuing voter preference trend away from Barack Obama and his Administration’s failed policies that have taken center stage for much of the past 3+ years. Showing an unmistakable preference for Governor Romney when it comes to the economy, the American voters have once-again reaffirmed that this year’s election will be a ‘pocketbook election,’ and that spells trouble for the leader presiding over four consecutive $1T+ federal budget deficits, stagnant unemployment and nearly $16T in total national debt – including more than $5T added in just over 3 years.
Quite simply, President Obama fails to realize that the American economy is the single most important factor to Americans in this upcoming election. With Americans’ net worth falling 40% from 2007 to 2010 and the middle class carrying much of the burden, the public recognizes that we need a president who not only understands how the economy works, but has the business sense and economic foresight to put America on the road to a robust recovery.
Mitt Romney will be that president, and in November voters will make the bold decision to send him to Washington, D.C. to restore prosperity in the United States of America!